MODALS

MODALS

Bentuk 1
Bentuk 2
Can
Could

Fungsi :
Ø  Untuk menyatakan kemampuan
Ø  Untuk menyatakan kemungkinan
Ø  Untuk menyatakan perizinan
Ø  Untuk menyatakan permohonan (Sopan)

Contoh :
Bentuk 1
-          She can write very well
-          Can I borrow your book?
Bentuk 2
-          It could be wrong
-          Could you please tell me where the kitchen is?


Bentuk 1
Bentuk 2
May
Might

Fungsi :
Ø  Untuk menyatakan kemungkinan
Ø  Untuk menyatakan perizinan

Contoh :
Bentuk 1
-          Jisso does not come to school today, she may be sick.
-          May I take your notebook?
Bentuk 2
-          Yuki might not be happy because I'm late.
-          You might meet your family.


Bentuk 1
Bentuk 2
Must
Had To

Fungsi :
Ø  Untuk menyatakan keharusan
Ø  Untuk menyatakan kepastian

Contoh :
Bentuk 1
-          You must finish it now
-          You must keep my secret.
 
Bentuk 2
-          I had to do my homework yesterday.
-          We had to keep this key.


Bentuk 1
Bentuk 2
Will
Would

Fungsi :
Ø  Untuk menyatakan rencana
Ø  Untuk menyatakan Kemauan
Ø  Untuk menyatakan perkiraan

Contoh :
Bentuk 1
-          Mike will go to Korea  next week
-          She will help you if you want

Bentuk 2
-          Would you send the letter to my daughter ?
-          Would you tell me your phone number please ?



Bentuk 1
Bentuk 2
Shall
Should/ Ought to

Fungsi :
Ø  Untuk menyatakan masa yang akan datang
Ø  Untuk menyatakan saran
Ø  Untuk menyatakan kepastian

Contoh :
Bentuk 1
-          We shall return this poster next month.
-          I shall not resend your message tonight

Bentuk 2
-          You ought to come back home early tonight
-          Should I give her my phone

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SDM DAN STRUKTUR ORGANISASI PT. UNILEVER INDONESIA, Tbk

PENGANTAR BISNIS MINGGU KE 2 DAN KE 3

CONDITIONAL SENTENCE TYPE 1,2,3